Debt Recovery Fees
Debt Recovery Undefended Claims
If you require legal assistance to help you with debt recovery, where the debt is not disputed, then we anticipate that this would be between 3 to 5 hours of legal work and HGW’s fees will be charged as follows: –
|Amount of debt||Harold G Walker’s fees|
|Small claims and fast track claims up to £25,000.00||An hourly rate of £161 (plus £32.20 VAT) Total £193.20|
|Multi-track debts over £25,000.00||An hourly rate of £235 (plus £47 VAT) Total £282|
The above debt recovery fees and timescales will include the following:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing the documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing a claim form
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
The estimated timescales could be less depending on the circumstances, so please, therefore, contact us for a free, no-obligation quotation with your specific circumstances, and we will be happy to give you a more accurate idea of costs. HGW will take a payment towards costs on account at the beginning of your claim, and will keep you informed about the further charges throughout the matter. Other likely costs: – In addition to HGW’s legal fees, there will also be a court fee to pay. Details of the court fees can be found here If the other party disputes your claim or the matter becomes protracted, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary. These could be on an hourly rate if the work is likely to be extensive, or a fixed fee, if the work involved, is likely to be minimal. Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher court fee or hourly rate.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt. If enforcement action is required, we will discuss the different options with you and the likely costs involved before any costs are incurred.
Please contact the Debt Recovery Team for further information.