Landlord and Tenant
For commercial tenants, we deal with rent reviews, lease renewals or terminations and advise on liability at the end of the term. We also regularly act for tenants extending their leases or querying excessive service charges by freeholders.
For landlords, we deal with enforcements of lease covenants including recovery of rent arrears, possession, and damages for disrepair.
We can also assist Managing Agents in connection with the recovery of service charge arrears, including the use of Section 146 Notices, applications to the Court for Section 81 determinations and Forfeiture Proceedings.
We have experience in relation to other claims for breach of covenant and difficulties regarding communal parts, potential licences, adverse possession and other types of property litigation that Managing Agents encounter from time to time.
Our team can provide you with advice and practical solutions on such matters as:
- Preparing tenancy agreements/leases
- Rent reviews/rent arrears
- Dealing with the termination and renewal of a business lease
- Preparing notices of repair and dilapidation
- Acting for flat management companies
- Assured Short holds and Tenancies
- Preparing and serving Notices to Quit
- Preparing appropriate notices if a Tenant is in breach of tenancy agreement/lease
- Enforcement of covenants
- Issuing proceedings for the possession of premises
- Leasehold enfranchisements
- Recovery of service charges
- Removal of unauthorised occupants
- Schedules of dilapidations
For further information please contact a member of our Commercial team.