Harold G Walker Solicitors Complaints Procedure
|We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all of our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. Your complaint might concern the way in which you have been dealt with, the quality of the advice which you have received or any invoice that you have received.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact our client care Partners Simon Nethercott or Hugh Storry Deans with the details at Harold G Walker Grenville House 30 West Borough Wimborne Dorset BH21 1NF or telephone 01202 881454. It is preferable that you do put your concerns in writing, but if you would prefer not to, or if you would find it difficult to do so, they may be contacted by telephone.
What will happen next?
1. On receipt of your complaint, we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint within 3 days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We shall then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to Hugh Storry Deans (for litigation and other contentious or court matters) or Simon Nethercott (for domestic property and non-contentious matters), who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. Simon Nethercott or Hugh Storry Deans will send to you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including their suggestions for resolving the matter, within 7 days of completing their investigations and within 14 days of receiving your complaint, or 21 days if it necessitates obtaining a file from our external storage facility.
4. Upon receiving such a letter, please let us have your response, which could include a request for a meeting.
5. Within 7 days of that response or any meeting, they will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions which they have agreed with you.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again, preferably within the next 21 days, and we shall arrange for another partner to review the decision, or we may, where appropriate, invite you to participate in an independent mediation. If this is the case, we will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. If we have to change any of the timescales above, we shall let you know and explain why.
You may, if you wish, approach the Legal Ombudsman who can investigate complaints about service against lawyers, including firms of solicitors. He will usually expect us to have concluded our examination of your complaint within eight weeks. You must refer a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of the date of receiving a final response of our complaints handling process as set out above. The services provided by the Legal Ombudsman are limited to individuals and smaller organisations – for more details please refer to the website.
The full details of how to contact this office are as follows:
Telephone: 0300 555 0333
Minicom: 0300 555 177
Postal address: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ
If you are concerned about this Firm’s behaviour, you can make contact with the Solicitors Regulation Authority. They may be able to help you or take action where necessary for things such as dishonesty, theft, the sudden closure of our firm or if we have broken the rules they set for us.
You can raise your concern with the Solicitors Regulation Authority here.
Solicitor Regulation Authority – Contact centre
0370 606 2555
SRA are open today from 08.00 to 17.00 (Except Tuesdays 09.30 to 17.00)
Harold G Walker Solicitors Grenville House 30 West Borough Wimborne Dorset BH21 1NF | Tel 01202 881454