Legal Careers and
At Harold G Walker Solicitors, jobs and legal careers come from a Firm with a strong reputation which has been built and established in Dorset over the last 70 years. This strong position within the local community makes Harold G Walker a great place to work.
With plans for continued growth, creating new job opportunities and legal careers for those who wish to progress further. Look no further than Harold G walker as a Firm in which you can grow with. Whatever your role we can offer you competitive pay and benefits, a good work-life balance and opportunities for personal and professional development. All within a Firm that you can take pride in.
If you would like the opportunity to work at Harold G Walker Solicitors we are always interested to receive applications from high calibre individuals. Due to this success, we are continuing to expand the business and therefore have a number of opportunities available for dedicated individuals to join in the growing team.
Why join our team?
Harold G Walker value and appreciate their staff and the contributions they make. Ensuring all legal careers and vacancies come with very attractive staff incentives which include the following:
- Free car parking
- Generous holiday entitlement (plus extra holiday entitlement is given to shut down over the Christmas period)
- Medical healthcare scheme with medical cashback rewards
- 24/7 health line assistance
- Employee assistance programme
- Discounts for main high street stores
- Regular fully funded social events
- Private pension scheme with additional pension contributions
- Staff discount on legal services
- Fully funded on-going training and development
Thank you very much for this week. I have learnt a lot and it has been very fun. This work experience has really helped me further my knowledge in this field and I couldn’t have asked for better people to learn from. I hope to return in the future to get more experience.
Current Vacancies with Harold G Walker
Family Legal Secretary
We are looking for a Secretary to join our Family Law team at our Verwood branch. This is a busy and responsible role that demands attention to detail as well as professionalism and sensitivity. Serious consideration will be given to candidates who have worked in a similar role for at least 12 months.
- Experience in a similar role is preferred
- You will be friendly, approachable and have excellent customer service skills
- You must have proven secretarial skills including digital audio typing
- You will have an excellent telephone manner
- You will be confident, self-motivated and work equally well on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- You will be a team player, helping to support back office functions when needed
- You will be IT literate
- You will be well organised and able to prioritise and schedule your workload
This position is a permanent full-time role, Monday to Friday, 09:00am – 05:00pm, with an hour for lunch which equates to a 35 hour week. The position will be based at our Verwood office. We offer an attractive salary which will be based on an individual’s qualifications and experience.
We offer generous holidays, free on-going training, free membership to BUPA Healthcare, auto-enrolment pension scheme and high street discounts on major stores.
To find out more or to apply for this position please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org