Legal Careers and
At Harold G Walker Solicitors, jobs and legal careers come from a Firm with a strong reputation which has been built and established in Dorset over the last 70 years. This strong position within the local community makes Harold G Walker a great place to work.
With plans for continued growth, creating new job opportunities and legal careers for those who wish to progress further. Look no further than Harold G walker as a Firm in which you can grow with. Whatever your role we can offer you competitive pay and benefits, a good work-life balance and opportunities for personal and professional development. All within a Firm that you can take pride in.
If you would like the opportunity to work at Harold G Walker Solicitors we are always interested to receive applications from high calibre individuals. Due to this success, we are continuing to expand the business and therefore have a number of opportunities available for dedicated individuals to join in the growing team.
Why join our team?
Harold G Walker value and appreciate their staff and the contributions they make. Ensuring all legal careers and vacancies come with very attractive staff incentives which include the following:
- Free car parking
- Generous holiday entitlement (plus extra holiday entitlement is given to shut down over the Christmas period)
- Medical healthcare scheme with medical cashback rewards
- 24/7 health line assistance
- Employee assistance programme
- Discounts for main high street stores
- Regular fully funded social events
- Private pension scheme with additional pension contributions
- Staff discount on legal services
- Fully funded on-going training and development
Thank you very much for this week. I have learnt a lot and it has been very fun. This work experience has really helped me further my knowledge in this field and I couldn’t have asked for better people to learn from. I hope to return in the future to get more experience.
Current Vacancies with Harold G Walker
Wills & Probate Solicitor/Legal Executive
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Wills and Probate Solicitor/Legal Executive to join our client’s specialist team in Dorset. The successful candidate will manage an existing caseload whilst generating new business in and around our Verwood office. In addition to this, the ideal candidate will foster strong working relationships with clients and play an active role in the further growth and development of the department and firm as a whole.
This is a rare opportunity for a specialised practitioner to become part of a well-regarded team.
• You must be a qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive gained in a client facing role within a reputable Private Client Probate team
• You must have extensive knowledge of law concerning Probate, Wills, Trusts, Estate planning, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Court of Protection and all other areas of Wills and Probate work
• You will be experienced in running a Wills and Probate client caseload
• You must have the ability to inspire and motivate self and colleagues
• You must have excellent technical and communication skills
• You will be confident, self-motivated and work equally well on your own initiative as well as part of a team
• You will be IT literate and fully conversant with MS office packages and case management systems. You will be able to prioritise your workload in order to meet tight deadlines
• The ideal candidate will hold a STEP qualification but this is not essential
This position is a permanent full-time role, Monday to Friday, 09:00am – 05:00pm, with an hour for lunch which equates to a 35 hour week. The position will be based at our Verwood office. We offer an attractive salary which will be based on an individual’s qualifications and experience.
You will receive full-time secretarial support, other benefits also include free on-going training, free membership to BUPA Healthcare, paid travelling expenses, generous holiday entitlement, auto-enrolment pension scheme and high street discounts on major stores.
To find out more or to apply for this position please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing & PR Officer
We are looking to recruit a PR & Marketing Officer who will be responsible for planning and implementing all marketing and PR activity for the firm. The ideal candidate will have proven experience creating engaging marketing campaigns both on and offline.
The right person must be a strong communicator, be able to work independently, has a good understanding of best marketing practices and be able to prioritise their own workload. The role will involve:
• Updating the HGW website
• Plan and implement an effective SEO strategy
• Implement and monitor PPC campaigns
• Update the firms social media channels and creating engaging social media posts
• Prepare all offline marketing materials
• Organise local events
• Proactively promote the firm through effective PR activities, including writing press releases
• Monitor ROI and client enquiry statistics
Candidates should have a recognised qualification in Marketing or at least 2 years experience within a similar role. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, company pension, free parking, generous holiday entitlement and medical healthcare.
This role is based at our Head Office in Wimborne on a part-time basis, hours can be flexible to suit the right applicant.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Pam Howe, Practice Manager at email@example.com